The 2014 Performance-Based Monitoring Analysis System (PBMAS) state and region reports are available now at the following links:
- Commissioner Williams directs EPISD board of managers to order 2015 elections October 23, 2014In a letter to the El Paso Independent School District (EPISD), Commissioner of Education Michael Williams this week directed the district’s appointed board of managers to order an election to be set on May 9, 2015. The Commissioner’s directive marks the first step in the district’s transition from the current appointed board to an elected board of trustees
- Texas Safe Schools Week: Shared Responsibility in Identifying, Reporting Inappropriate Educator-Student Relationships October 23, 2014As part of Texas Safe Schools Week (Oct. 19-25), the Texas Education Agency (TEA) today advised that everyone in education – including students, parents, teachers, administrators, coaches and staff – plays a critical role in identifying and reporting improper educator-student relationships.
- Texas Safe Schools Week: All-Hazard Approach to Safe and Orderly Schools Should Embrace Health and Mental Health October 22, 2014As part of Texas Safe Schools Week (Oct. 19-25), the Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC) at Texas State University and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) noted that mental health plays a key role in a safe and secure learning environment.
- Texas Safe Schools Week: Districts and charters reminded of state's fingerprinting requirements October 21, 2014As part of Texas Safe Schools Week (Oct. 19-25), the Texas Education Agency today reminded districts and charters of the state’s fingerprinting requirements aimed at assuring the safety of all students, teachers and staff in public schools. In 2007, the Texas Legislature passed a law requiring fingerprint-based criminal background reviews for certain schoo
- SBOE names 10 businesses as Employers for Education Excellence October 17, 2014The State Board of Education today named 10 Texas businesses as the 2014 Employers for Education Excellence (EEE). From the U.S. Army to a grocery store, these employers and their staffs are recognized for their ongoing support and commitment to Texas public schools.
- Commissioner Williams directs EPISD board of managers to order 2015 elections October 23, 2014